create strong password is important for sound security. When you have a secured password which is strong and difficult to guess, then trespassers or hackers are not able to sneak into your account and know your private information. In today’s world, basically, everything is carried out in the online world. From shopping to banking to dating to bill payment- everything is done by pushing a few buttons and making some random clicks here and there. With everything needing people to set up an account- people sometimes leave themselves unguarded by setting up a password which is easily guessed and hacked.
So if you want some tips regarding how to create strong password, this article will prove to a great place of enlightenment. Follow closely.
10 Tips to create strong Password and memorable
- Don’t Make password using your personal Data
When people set their passwords, it is normal for them to use something which is very close to them- like their father’s birthday or their first vehicle’s number. However the fact that those numbers are so close to them means that they are easier to guess and hack. Many experts have stated that this is one of the biggest mistakes which people make. They say that keeping your password relevant to your own assets is something which they should avoid as it only makes them an easy target for hackers. In fact, for really good hackers, it proves to be a piece of cake. So if you want to create strong password, this is the first thing which you have to keep in mind.
- Password should be mixup of all type of characters.
For creating strong password, you should mix it up with numbers, numeric, symbols and some letters just to make it difficult to know the pattern of your password. You should mix it up properly, but make sure that you are able to remember it too or else you will land up in problems. Write it down somewhere or choose a pattern which is easy for you to remember.
- Use nonsense words in password that hardly to guess.
There are many people who set their passwords with some non-sense or preposterous words which sound shameful. This is a great trick to make your password secured. You are not competing in any vocabulary competition that you have to make use of words which make sense. You can make use of absurd words and even slangs just to keep hackers or malware activists guessing.
- Don’t share your password with anyone whether Friends or Family members
There are many occasions when you tell your friends your password. This is another mistake which should be avoided. However, safe to say, every teenager makes this mistake. They set up a single account and use it to impress girls. Their passwords are also mutual and known, making it easier for both parties to access it whenever they feel like. You should never reveal your password, so what if he/she is your best friend.
- Change your password after each three months
Always make sure that you use different sets of passwords for all places where you have accounts. Also make sure that you change your present password every three months.
- Password characters should be more than 8
Always make sure that the password which you are using is of at least 8 characters. Even the experts approve of this. The lengthier the password the better for you. Also, you can make use of both small cases as well as large case letters and remember not to put capslock on the first letter as it is a popular tactic used by people. Predictable password patterns are an absolute no.
- Use Password Manager
Always make use of a password manager. The reason being that they are extremely important as your number of log-ins have increased. In the market there are many password manager Softwares are available.
- Use Strong phrase in Password
For your password, make use of words with no spacing and also never make use of common single phrases such as cat, violet, blue, shark etc. If you make use of proper words, then sooner or later a dictionary attack will take place.
- Never share your password with any close acquaintance online is also risky as it can be sniffed out and any unauthorized computer hacker might use it against you.
- If you are sensing any suspicious activity, the best thing to do would be to alter your password and adjust your account privacy. Plus, you should also log out of whatever stuff you were doing.
Hopefully the question-“ How to make my password strong?” has been answered properly by this segment.
Latest posts by Arun Nama (see all)
- What Mistakes to avoid during setup permalinks in WordPress? - February 7, 2017
- How to disavow link for remove spam backlinks from Google - January 12, 2017
- A Complete Guide: How to protect website content from being copied - July 11, 2016