In our previous tutorial How to setup hosted wordpress blog part-1 we have learnt how to register the domain and purchase hosting plan. In this tutorial we will discuss DNS name installation and how to setup hosted WordPress blog.
Setup WordPress on domain and hosting:
Now we will setup our hosting service on domain and then install the WordPress on our hosting.
- we will get our web hosting details on our registered email id. hostgator will send DNS server name, cpanel login details and ftp details. To setup the DNS name on our domain, we have to follow the following steps.
- Login to your namecheap account and then click “Number of domains in your account” view.
- After clicking on view, you will get the list of domains you had purchased. Click on domain in which you want to setup dns name.
- In left side, you will find a general list, click on Domain Name Server Setup.
- Enter your dns name that have been sent to you on your registered email and save changes.
- We have successfully setup our dns name. Now we move to next step to test whether our dns name has been successfully setup or not? And then install wordpress.
- Login to your hosting cpanel and go to file manager “public_html”. Create a file “testing.html” and copy paste this code and save it. upload it into file manager “public_html”.
- Open browser and open link “http://www.yourdomain.com/testing.html”. if link is successfully opened it means your DNS name was successfully set, now we can do WordPress installation. if this link gives you error contact us or comment here or you can use live chat support of hostgator for definite assistance.
- Go to cpanel then in module “softaculous apps installer”, click on WordPress. Softaculous provide you the one click installation of WordPress and it is very easy to use.
- Click on install and fill the details.
Choose protocol: choose appropriate protocol as we have chosen http://www. for tricks academy.
Choose domain: choose yourdomainname.com.
Directory: if you want to host your blog in your domain name like http://www.yourdomain.com just leave this field blank or if you want to host in category like http://www.yourdomain.com/blog or wp, type accordingly.
Table Prefix: wp_
Site Name: Type your blog name
Site description: Type your blog description
Admin user name: type your username
Admin password : select your wordpress login password.
Admin Email: type your email id
Advance option: In advance option you can select database name or set frequency of database backup. It’s up to you it’s not necessary but for security purpose we advise you to select database backup in a month.
- Click on install button and fill the email installation box by your email id to get all installation details. It will take 3-4 minutes. After compilation you will get links to login in admin panel something like this :
For Admin panel: www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
Now you have successfully installed WordPress. You can easily run your setup hosted WordPress blog. For setup theme install plugins on your WordPress. Please keep visiting our website. We will come with next tutorial. Thank you for reading this Article.
For any questions / suggestions / feedback, please comment. Your suggestions are valuable to us. If you like this post please share it.
Latest posts by Arun Nama (see all)
- What Mistakes to avoid during setup permalinks in WordPress? - February 7, 2017
- How to disavow link for remove spam backlinks from Google - January 12, 2017
- A Complete Guide: How to protect website content from being copied - July 11, 2016