When you have successfully started your blog, the next important task is to choose the best theme for WordPress blog. An excellent theme makes for a splendid first impression, and is also very helpful in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The structure of your theme plays a major role in SEO. In this tutorial, Tricks Academy will help you choose the best theme for WordPress blog.
What are your needs?
While watching the themes, it is an easy task to select a beautiful and impressive theme, but answering the question whether it will fulfill my requirements, is a tough job. So before choosing the best theme for WordPress blog, you have to do a simple exercise.
Ask these questions to yourself.
- Is your blog going to host a lots of content?
- Do you want your blog compatible with the browser and mobile devices?
- What type of content do you want to publish on your homepage?
- Do you want e-commerce functionality?
- Do you want your theme to be easily managed by admin panel?
Take a paper & pen and write down the answer to these 5 questions. An image will be drawn in your mind regarding what type of theme you want to choose for your blog.
Pick a theme that relates to your niche:
Now you are almost close to defining category to your niche like IT, automobile. If your blog is related to food, then avoid using a design that was made for mobile apps. Most of the bloggers choose a theme that has the facility of a logo, social icons, email subscription form, good footer design and 5 to 10 posts on the homepage.
Theme should be simple and responsive:
Many free themes for WordPress on the internet can be very deceptive, having a beautiful look with a very complex feature, which might not be useful for your blog. If you want to choose the best theme for WordPress blog, get a custom one because this is the best way to be assured of the functions you want. We would very firmly suggest you to avoid any fancy work. Choose a theme that is simple and responsive.
Functionalities of best theme:
While selecting a theme, some functionalities should be kept in mind.
- The theme should be compatible with the browser, for example IE6, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc.
- It should be responsive and supportive for all mobile devices.
- Make sure it has the navigation structure and layouts for easy modifications.
- It should be compatible with social sharing plugins and SEO friendly so you can easily drive on a search engine.
- It should have clean code and good shortcuts.
Our recommendations for free themes:
For a beginner in WordPress with limited resources, there are thousands of themes in the WordPress directory, but the free ones suggested by us includes :-
Our recommendations for premium themes:
If you are a serious blogger with a strong inclination towards popularity, we suggest a premium theme for your blog. Premium themes don’t have a complex code and are easy to navigate with many more features. The developer of these themes gives full support for customization as per your needs. There are many websites which sell premium WordPress themes :-
We are using Genesis Framework and Focus child theme for our Tricks Academy. We will come with a new tutorial about blogging keep visiting our blog.
For any questions / suggestions / feedback, please comment. Your suggestions are valuable to us. If you like this post please share it.